Historic New England Open House – all museums FREE all day this Saturday 6/2!
For over one hundred years, Historic New England has served as the region’s storyteller, opening its doors to share four centuries of New England home and family life. Historic New England celebrates the 2018 season by welcoming visitors free of charge to historic sites on Saturday, June 3.
From Maine to Rhode Island, learn about the people who lived in stone-enders, urban mansions, rural estates, and working farms during free guided tours at Historic New England’s house museums.
Saturday, June 2, 2018
11:00am to 5:00pm (last tour at 4:00pm)
All tours are first-come, first-served. Unless otherwise noted, tours are offered on the hour.
Participating Open Houses
- Castle Tucker, Wiscasset
- Hamilton House, South Berwick
- Nickels-Sortwell House, Wiscasset
- Sarah Orne Jewett House Museum and Visitor Center, South Berwick, 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Marrett House, Standish
- Beauport, the Sleeper-McCann House, Gloucester, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Boardman House, Saugus, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Browne House, Watertown
- Cooper-Frost-Austin House, Cambridge; tours at noon, 1:00 p.m., and 2:00 p.m. Advance tickets required.
- Codman Estate, Lincoln, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (last tour at 2:00 p.m.)
- Coffin House, Newbury
- Cogswell’s Grant, Essex
- Dole-Little House, Newbury, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Gedney House, Salem, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Gropius House, Lincoln
- Otis House, Boston, 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (last tour at 4:30 p.m.)
- Merwin House, Stockbridge
- Phillips House, Salem
- Quincy House, Quincy
- Rocky Hill Meeting House, Amesbury, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Spencer-Peirce-Little Farm, Newbury, 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Swett-Ilsley House, Newbury, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Winslow Crocker House, Yarmouth Port
- Barrett House, New Ipswich
- Gilman Garrison House, Exeter
- Governor John Langdon House, Portsmouth, 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Jackson House, Portsmouth
- Rundlet-May House, Portsmouth