Open House at the Portland Nursery School’s this Saturday 2/6!
Looking for a preschool where you are also part of the classroom community? Look no further! You and your family are invited to join us at Portland Nursery School’s Open House.
Explore the classroom, meet our dedicated teacher, learn about our program and talk with other enrolled families. Light refreshments will be served along with crafts for the kids.
Open House Information
When: Saturday, February 6, 2016; 10:00am – 12:00pm
Where: Portland Nursery School (classroom is located in the bottom level of Woodford’s Congregational Church at the Beacon Avenue entrance)
What makes us unique?
Founded in 1972, Portland Nursery School (PNS) is a non-profit, state licensed, parent-led cooperative preschool, which affords participating parents the opportunity to be intimately engaged in the education of their children. Preschool is a time of tremendous learning and growth and PNS offers a safe, nurturing, and enriching environment in which children are able to develop socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually.
About our Cooperative Model
Our co-op structure allows parents and families to be actively involved in their child’s early educational experience. Parents serve on our board of directors, help in the classroom, assist with fundraising, and are deeply invested in the school’s programming and success. All this while working alongside a deeply vested and highly educated teacher, our own Ms. Elizabeth!
Our Enriching Curriculum
- Our engaging, play-based curriculum continually adapts to meet our students’ unique interests, skills, and needs.
- Master’s level teacher who continually participates in professional development to ensure your child’s development, success and self esteem.
- Children master key learning objectives during their time at Portland Nursery School, through play, self-directed and guided exploration.
- Variety of learning stations such as areas for gross motor development, dramatic play, art, science and math exploration, and quiet reading.
- Builds a foundation of home-school connection. Children enjoy their parents presence in the classroom!
Low staff-to-child ratio, affordable tuition, play-based curriculum, experienced and talented teacher.
Enrolling for next fall 2016. We accept registration on a rolling basis throughout the year and there are a limited number of spaces still available for the current school year. Check out more at our website!
Portland Nursery School Open House
202 Woodford Street, Portland ME 04102
Saturday, February 6, 2016; 10:00am – 12:00pm