True overnight Crockpot Breakfast recipes. All you need is the coffee.
I love serving up a hot breakfast to my kids in the morning before school (*buffs Mother of the Year award*) but it can definitely be time consuming, particularly when cooking-to-order eggs, milk depth in cereal bowls and, groan, homemade smoothies. These slow cooker recipes can be prepared the night before by throwing a bunch of yummy stuff in a crockpot and heading to bed. My kind of meals.
And these are real OVERNIGHT recipes, not slow cooker breakfast recipes that cook for 4 (huh??) hours.
Slow Cooker French Toast
FINALLY! An overnight French Toast recipe that you don’t have to wake up at 4am to start the crock pot. Ingredients and instructions below, but check out the step-by-step visual recipe with cooking tips.
- 1/2 loaf of bread
- 6 eggs
- 1 c milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Grease your crockpot with cooking spray.
- Combine: 6 eggs, 1 c milk, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp light brown sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Dunk each piece of bread into the egg mixture and layer inside the greased crockpot.
- Pour remaining egg mixture over the top of the bread.
- Cook on Low for 6- 8 hours.
- In the morning you will find a fluffly, bread pudding-souffle like breakfast. You will see cooked egg on the edges of the bread slices. Carefully remove the lid about 15 minutes before its done and it will brown and toast. Serve with warm syrup or your favorite topping (bananas, berries, powdered sugar). Serves approximately 4-6.
Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
As you know, the great thing about egg dishes is you can throw absolutely anything in them. The recipe below is similar to a Western Omelet, but you can use any combination of ingredients your family enjoys.
- 1 bag Frozen Hash Brown Potatoes (32 oz)
- 1 lb Bacon
- 1 Small Onion diced
- 8 oz Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper diced
- 12 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- Cut bacon in to small pieces, cook and drain (You could use precooked bacon to speed up the process).
- Add half bag of hash browns to bottom of slow cooker.
- Add half your bacon.
- Add half your onions.
- Add half your green and red peppers.
- Add half your cheese.
- Add remaining hash browns.
- Add remaining bacon.
- Add remaining onions.
- Add remaining green and red peppers.
- Add remaining cheese.
- In a medium sized bowl beat eggs and milk together.
- Pour egg mixture over your casserole.
- Add salt and pepper on top.
- Cook on Low for 4 hours or warm for 8 hours.
- Take a bow. It’s breakfast tiiiime!
Apple & Cinnamon Steel-Cut Oatmeal
Put down the instant Quaker and wake up to some oaty-cinnamony-appley goodness. Yes, those are words.
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2-1/2 to 3 cups chopped)
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk (or substitute non-diary alternative like almond milk)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked steel-cut oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or substitute maple syrup or other desired sweetener)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter, cut into 5-6 pieces (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional garnishes: chopped nuts, raisins, maple syrup, additional milk or butter
- Coat inside of 3-1/2 quart (or larger) slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients (except optional toppings) to slow cooker. Stir, cover, and cook on low for approx. 7 hours (slow cooker times can vary).
- Spoon oatmeal into bowls; add optional toppings, if desired. Store leftovers in refrigerator. Freezes well.
- To reheat single servings: Put 1-cup cooked oatmeal in microwave proof bowl. Add 1/3 cup fat-free milk. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Continue cooking for another minute, or until hot. Recipe can be doubled in 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Increase cooking time 1 hour.