It’ll be a Happy St. Patrick’s Day with these Rainbow Cupcakes!
Calling all leprechauns! On the hunt for a colorful St. Patrick’s Day treat? Look no further than these rainbow-licious cupcakes that are guaranteed to be better than any plain ol’ pot of gold. And although the picture and directions to these holiday confections seem a *little* tricky… the luck the Irish is on your side!
- White cake mix (we used an 18-1/4-ounce box)
- Food coloring (red, blue, green, and yellow)
- Baking cups
- Whipped cream (optional)
1. Prepare your favorite white cake mix, then divide the batter evenly among six small bowls. Following the chart below, dye each bowl of batter a rainbow color.
|RAINBOW COLOR||DROPS OF FOOD COLORING|
|Purple||9 red and 6 blue drops|
|Orange||12 yellow and 4 red drops|
2. Line 16 muffin pan wells with baking cups. Evenly distribute the purple batter among the cups, then the blue, and so on, following the order shown. As you go, gently spread each layer of batter with the back of a spoon to cover the color underneath.
3. Bake the cupcakes according to your recipe directions. Before serving, remove the paper wrapping, and if you like, top each cupcake with a whipped-cream cloud.
This recipe and directions were found at Disney’s Family Fun Site.