Sunday 7/28 is Maine Open Farm Day: Admission to 60+ farms FREE!
Open Farm Day is an annual family adventure in which farms throughout all 16 counties open their gates to offer the public an opportunity to learn about the business of agriculture. Open Farm Day gives families the chance to visit local farms throughout the state.
Farms around the state participate to commit to ensuring the sustainability of agriculture. Maine’s farming industry has given back to their communities by providing a forum for education and learning in a fun atmosphere. Many farms will have demonstrations, displays, farm-raised products for sale and animals and crops to experience. Activities include barn and field tours, milking, hay rides, petting zoos, nature trails, beautiful scenery, samples for tasting and refreshments.
Click here to the entire list of open farms and featured activities!
Cumberland County participating farms:
- Acker’s Acres Angora, New Gloucester
- Alewives Brook Farm, Cape Elizabeth
- Carrageen Suri Alpaca Farm, Gray
- East Coast Alpacas, Biddeford
- Mountain View, Harrison
- North Star Sheep Farm, Windham
- Orchard Ridge Farm, Gorham
- Sabbathday Lake Shaker Village, New Gloucester
- Smiling Hill Farm, Westbrook
- Spring Brook Farm, Cumberland
- Underhill Fibers, Gorham
York County participating farms
State of Maine Open Farm Day
Sunday, July 28, 2019; 10:00pm-3:00pm