Visit Maine’s cheese makers and dairy farms during Maine Open Creamery Day on Sunday 10/13!
As the hardwood foliage bursts in a blaze of colors on Columbus Day weekend, take in the spectacular sights and taste some award-winning cheese during the Maine Cheese Guild’s annual Open Creamery Day!
Visit many of Maine’s cheese makers in their creameries, meet the animals, and learn the stories behind Maine’s more than 150 artisan cheeses. Along the way you can also visit a farmers’ market, stop at an orchard, explore one of Maine’s premier breweries or wineries, pick fruit at Maine’s legendary orchards, and drop-in on one of the many artisan bread makers our state has to offer. You’ll love the views, and the taste of Maine cheese, straight from the source, will be the best memory of all!
Sunflower Farm Creamery
12 Harmon Way, Cumberland, Maine 04021
Activities for Sunflower Farm Creamery Day include:
- Amy & Charlie will dish up their amazing Locally Sauced Burritos using our cheese from their food cart
- Local Maine artist Amy Goodness will bring her mini Maine jewelry so that you can get all your holiday shopping done
- Crystal of Blue Tin Farm who makes incredible goat milk soap from her Nigerian Dwarf goat milk will be back
- Steph with Farm to Table Kid Camp will be there with farm fresh goodies
- Heather with Portland Kids Calendar will be there with crafts for the kids
- Try our cheese, visit the goats and ask any questions you might have about Nigerian Dwarf goats and cheese making!
- Tour the farm and cheese making facilities, meet the animals, taste our cheeses, and some kids activities!
Maine Open Creamery Day
Sunday, October 13, 2019; 11:00am-3:00pm
Various locations around Maine